Monday, June 21, 2010

Loud Toys

My husband and I went through IVF, and it didn't work, which meant no kids for us since it is almost impossible for it to happen naturally (severe MFI).  So we told our closest friends (and I told some other women who were very likely to ask WHEN we were going to have kids) that we were moving on to our next plan, which is not having kids and trying to move on.
One couple had their first child about two months after we made that announcement.  After about a month, I felt ready to meet him (so it's been a whole three months since we learned we wouldn't be having kids).  So my husband and I were holding and talking to the one-month old baby as the "fun aunt and uncle" saying things like "we're going to buy you all sorts of loud toys."  The mom responds with "well, if you buy our kids loud toys, we'll just buy them for your kids too." 
I know this is probably a standard response, but I'm so glad that she so quickly forgot that we are unable to have children.

1 comment:

  1. On the flip side, there is something moderately satisfying, in a sadistic sort of way, about buying the most irritating, obnoxious, insanity-inducing toys for their kids knowing there is nothing they can do for revenge.

    ReplyDelete

  © Blog Design by Giggly Girl Designs

Back to TOP