Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Thanks mom

I just found out that my 24 yr. old cousin who got married in January is pregnant. 

My mom proceeded to tell me that I should really get on it.  Really mom?  Really?  It's not like she doesn't know what's going on, but she somehow remains clueless.  This is how the rest of the conversation went:

Me:  Okay mom, I'll talk to you later.
Mom:  Think about it, your younger cousin is having a kid before you.  And you've been married for almost 3 years.  You should really get going!
Me:  Alright, I will.  I'll talk to you later, okay?
Mom:  Have you been going to see the doctor regularly?  What do they say?
Me:  Uh huh, I'll call you later.  Bye.
Mom:  Well what do they say?
Me:  *SIGH*  We need to make an appointment so we can schedule our first IUI, but we haven't had the time.  But I gotta go, so I'LL TALK TO YOU LATER.
Mom:  You need to MAKE time.  Tell me how it goes.
Me:  Bye.

I couldn't take it anymore and hung up.  Can I just rip my hair out now?

7 comments:

  1. FFS. I don't know how you managed to remain so composed through that conversation. I'm really sorry you had to go through that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, my mom keeps pushing the adoption issue. I've told her that my husband really wants to keep trying for a kid of our own, but she completely ignores this. People can be so callous, and it's frustrating when it's someone we think will be extra understanding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously? I'm so sorry.. that sucks!! You did good holding it together.
    My Mom has taken to ignoring it. If I talk about a treatment option, a physical pain etc. she just doesn't say anything. Or she says something generic like "it will all com together". ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ashlee,
    My mother not only pushed adoption, she kept telling me the age she wanted me to adopt. (Not coincidentally the same age as my nephew would have been if he had not died of cancer.) I'm not having a replacement kid for your favorite, Mom. I know you're hurting, and I am too. We all are. My nephew was a lively and intelligent child and what happened was horrible, but I'M NOT ADOPTING BECAUSE you WANT A REPLACEMENT! I'm trying to have children because *I* want to have children. Mine, by preference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know this is an older post but I just found STFU and am going thru all the posts :) I'm having to deal with the same questions from my mom. She wants to know if we saw the doc, what the doc said, when the next appt is etc etc. She thinks we are being too laid back about it and not putting enough effort. If only she knew. I get very nervous every time i see my mom's call now. Sad...

    ReplyDelete

  © Blog Design by Giggly Girl Designs

Back to TOP