Friday, January 14, 2011

Merry Christmas, I'm Pregnant

I have a "friend" (I say the term loosely because my husband is friends with her husband, though I don't like her that much) who has been struggling with infertility.  She would always ask me questions about treatments because I'm the more "experienced" one, with two IVF's and a miscarriage under my belt.  This January was to be her first IVF cycle.  Last night, ON CHRISTMAS DAY, she emails me to tell me that her and her husband got pregnant on their final Clomid/injection cycle and she's now 12 weeks pregnant.

I appreciated that she wanted to tell me personally before the news gets out on Facebook, but did she have to do in ON CHRISTMAS DAY?  Especially when I'm trying to pump myself full of optimism for my upcoming FET cycle?  FML.

Submitted by Anonymous

8 comments:

  1. Oooooh, Merry Christmas to you! ugh...I am sorry you had to receive this message on a day that is already hard. She should have known better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's rough. Merry Friggin xmas to you right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine wasn't a merry Christmas....but it was a happy new year love mr & mrs & baby smith...in a text.... I couldn't believe it... It was really hard to hear that...you're not alone.... It sux for sure...good luck with your FET sending good thoughts to you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a friend who has been trying to get pregnant for about a year. She announced her pregnancy to us at my birthday celebration. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Timing is everything... what makes this so tragic is that she has been thru infertility and should know this already. Holiday announcements are fine...if they're to the fertiles in your life. Ugh:( I'm sorry that happened, on Christmas of all days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ugh that is horrible, and you think that she would know better then to do that to you.

    I swear some people are so insensitive!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What the hell??????????

    I appreciate that she wanted to break it to you first, but on Christmas frickin' Day?

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah she reallllllly should have known better!!

    ReplyDelete

  © Blog Design by Giggly Girl Designs

Back to TOP