Friday, May 4, 2012

Meanless Birthday

All my cousins got pregnant and married ASAP and became SAHMs. They are all baby-obsessed. The fact that I'm over 30 and married 2 years with no baby causes much gossip/speculation. Most of the family knows we've struggled with conceiving for our entire marriage. My last birthday fell a few days after I got the negative result from a failed IUI. Despite that, I was feeling pretty good and focused on enjoying myself until one of the Fertile Myrtles dropped her little passive-aggressive bomb.




**The red edit in her obnoxious reply is my last name, ie - " . . . the pitter-patter of little Smiths?"



I almost wrote back, "Got your message loud and clear, you cow. I'll go back to not celebrating my meaningless, baby-free birthday now. Thanks."

4 comments:

  1. That's terrible! I'm so sorry you had to endure that during your birthday. There's no way that wasn't intentional needling. Beyond rude!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What does she say to her older relatives. "So impressed that you lived through this birthday! Hope you make another one! Cheers!"

    Blech.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What does she say to her older relatives. "So impressed that you lived through this birthday! Hope you make another one! Cheers!"

    Blech.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I'm right there with ya, sometimes this whole intertility business makes me want to scream at my family too. Me and my wife are actually considering using an egg bank! Anyways I hope you find success in the future.

    ReplyDelete

  © Blog Design by Giggly Girl Designs

Back to TOP